Well... I have a Macbook... and it is kind of antique-y comparing to the newer ones Ive been seeing. My friend Justin works at the Apple Store in SouthLake and hooked me up with the new Snow Leopard Software. Basically it would have updated everything in my computer to be just like the new computers. I would have had a new computer in an old body. Anyway... In the process of installing the new software, my computer shut down. No need to be alarmed there because it always needs to restart when installing new software. I turned my computer on and had that happy "bongggg" apple sound, but when the screen came up it was a flashing computer folder with a question mark in the middle of it. I was confused and kind of scared at this point. My Room mate Cassie had a friend over and she said, "oh, that's the sign of death." uhmmm... WHAT?! we tried to fix in anyway we knew how, but nothing worked. I had a perfectly fine laptop and I killed it! I immediately made an appointment with the Genius Bar at the Apple Store to get it fixed. Luckily, they fixed it for free, I have the new Snow leopard software, AND they put a new cover on the inside of my laptop because mine had 4 cracks in it and it was an apple error so they fixed that for free too. The bad news... all of my pictures.... MUSIC... and school documents... are gone. I really do have a brand new computer now. Im having to restart everything and set it my applications up again... on the bright side.. I put a lot of pictures on facebook.. but I havent done that in a long time, all of my music is on my iPhone, so I'm hoping the apple people can transfer it back onto my computer, as for my documents.. I really need every lesson plan Ive ever done for the portfolio class I need to take.. so that's a big loss right there.
*sigh* I should have just been happy with my outdated computer...
In other news, school has started for the Fall '09 Semester! JUNIOR YEAR! this is my last year to take classes on the Campus of the University of North Texas, Fall '10 I start student teaching! I was signed up for 15 hours, but on the first day of one of my classes, the professor really overwhelmed EVERYONE, and I decided to drop it and save it for a summer course. this is that portfolio class that I would have needed all my past Lesson Plans for. its smarter for me to take it as the last class in the summer so I can get some lesson plans this year for it. So now Im only taking 12 hours! its still a good load though because two of those classes require 2.5 hour labs... great... another bummer is Im having to go to school on two saturdays this semester!!!! Sept. 26th it is required for me to go to this reading convention, and Oct. 3rd (Leslie's wedding date) I have to go to the Water Purification Plant, as a field trip for my environmental science class. I get to see where everything that gets flushed down the toilet goes... gross. There will probably be a blog after that day...
Work is GREAT now that Im in school again! I work 4-6 hours everyday and it is SO relaxing compared to 8 hours a day! however, since its august and a new school year.. My first class got moved up to Pre-K... im so sad. and now i have a new jr. Pre-K class. the maturity level is unbelieveable. I cant believe 1 year makes that much of a difference. my class was all 4 year olds, now i have all 3 year olds! I have had 4 cases of children POOPING in their pants in the past 2 weeks. it is the grossest thing ever ever ever. I never had to deal with that with my old class! uhg.. i hate having to potty train kids that are not mine nor am i related to... and some of the parents of the new kids drive me nuts. IF YOUR CHILD IS NOT POTTY TRAINED TAKE THEM BACK TO THE OLD CLASS OR POTTY TRAIN THEM. the end.
No comments:
Post a Comment