Tonight I felt amazing. I have the Couch to 5K app on my iphone, and it helps guide you into running a 5K under 30 minutes in 8 weeks. I am on week 2 of couch to 5K and there are 7 weeks until my 5K in Austin. I registered for that 5K to give me a boost of motivation.
The last 3 days were no bueno. On Thursday I weighed myself and had lost another pound. I never weigh myself in the middle of the week but have been a little bit obsessed. But then for 3 days in a row I ate something I should not have. Whether it be a reeses, mi cocina goodness, chips at my friends house, or the temptation of "nothing bundt cake" at school. some of those days I actually worked out so it "balanced" itself out I guess, but I went to my first softball practice and took a line drive to the ankle giving me a nasty bruise. At first I thought something may be fractured or shattered or broken, but I elevated and iced it all day after it happened, and all day yesterday. The combination of not working out on a day I wanted to, eating bad food, and the fear of an injury holding me back got me in a funk.
Today I was determined to ice my ankle/take some advil, EAT A HEALTHY DINNER, and run. I had my previously blogged spaghetti squash with asparagus and turkey sausage. I went to the park and ran!
As I was running, I felt amazing. For the first time in a long time, I felt "in shape." I wasn't running out of breath, I was pushing myself, and I was focused and energized. I know the reason I felt so great was because of what I have eaten today. It is amazing what a difference GOOD food makes! When my work out was over I felt fantastic and so proud. I can just feel that I am getting better.
No comments:
Post a Comment