Sunday, April 6, 2014

April!

2014 so far has had so many up and downs and crazy times. I cannot believe we are a week into April! Here are some updates in the major areas of my life. 

School:
My kids have taken the first round of STAAR testing earlier this week. Fingers crossed for positive results in a few weeks! I am relieved to have the Math STAAR test over and to teach new things without feeling that state testing pressure. As we move on to the end-of-the-year, we have so many activities and meetings keeping us busy that I know the next 2 months will fly by. 

I took my very first ever personal day this past Friday and LOVED it. I have always been the perfect attendance girl in school, and hardly ever do I get sick. I decided that I needed a "mental health" day. It was something I was looking forward to, and was totally refreshing! On Friday I woke up at a decent hour, went to a Zumba class, cleaned my entire apartment, took care of grad school homework, and got to go see Jillian Michaels that night! When I woke up the next morning I was refreshed because I had allowed myself to sleep in, my apartment was already clean, and homework was already finished! I loved being able to go hang out with friends that evening and not have to stress about anything. Today has also been relaxing with the rain pelting my windows, however, if I have too much time off and nothing to do, I start to think about future plans. Guaranteed by tonight I'll have looked ahead to summer school and grad school plans. 

Frisco also has 4 new schools opening next year, so we are experiencing some changes on our campus with teachers leaving, being promoted to new positions, etc. It is so interesting how every year there are so many changes! 

Health/Fitness:
Seeing Jillian Michaels has definitely motivated me to get back on the healthy eating train. For 3 weeks my scale has had low batteries, and I haven't replaced them until recently. After the half-marathon I went to town for a about a week eating whatever I wanted. Surprisingly I didn't put on much weight and took it off after a week of eating clean. Rachel and I ran some this past week and will run this week too because we have a 5K (The Color Run) this upcoming Saturday. Even though it is just a 5K, we found that we still need to keep running because taking that week off took some speed off of us. Not to mention, we were totally out of breath the whole time on our first run after the half! 

I also bought some personal training sessions to help me get summer ready, so I will post about that soon. 

Self:
I titled this section"Self" because it comes from the 3rd section of the Jillian Michael's Maximize your Life tour. The whole time she was talking I kep thinking to myself, "I am doing everything I possibly can on my own. I work my butt off in school, I am going to Grad School, and I am setting and meeting goals all the time in the area of fitness. I am FULFILLED by myself." I like being alone, but I can't help but wonder when or where I will meet someone that I can share my life with. As I approach my 25th birthday next month, I start to have minor pity parties, but turn it around because I know I am super blessed and although I am old enough to be married, I am also young enough to still have fun. I am happy with being fulfilled right now, and will not press the future to happen any faster than it is. Vowing to live in the present! 

No comments: