Monday, September 17, 2012

Week 4?!?!

I can't believe today was the beginning of the 4th week of school. This has been the fastest time has ever flown ever!

I am loving my kiddos of course. They are 10 years old turning 11 this year. I cant believe I am a 5th grade teacher. All through college I thought I would be a kindergarten - 2nd grade teacher! You never know where life will take you.

My teacher friend Sarah got a job this year teaching 3rd grade in Irving ISD. She was in my student teaching cadre and we were both jobless last year, so we were super excited to have our jobs this year. She set up a gorgeous classroom and 3 weeks after school had started, her principal told her she was moving to 1st grade because they have too many kids! Uhm Freak out!!! I went and helped her dismantle her room on Sunday, and then we started gearing a new room up for first grade. It did kind of make me want to teach younger ones going to teacher tools and helping her shop for fun little kid stuff! I think the stress has gone away and she is excited now! Plus she gets a week without kids to finish her 2nd room!

So the routine is settling in with the kiddos, but now they are getting more comfortable with one another and like to talk when they should be doing math! I had to switch up some seats today. The teachers are starting to get the hang of things as well. The meetings have slowed down a LITTLE bit, so we can actually eat lunch now and use the restroom.

One thing I can not seem to get ahead of is GRADING! oh my gosh it just piles up and I keep putting it off!!! (you dont have papers to grade in kindergarten)

My teaching evaluation window from my principal starts next week. Like I'm not stressed enough!!!

No comments: