I can't believe we have completed 5 weeks of school! I would like to say that I have been leaving school at a decent hour, but that doesn't really happen when you have meetings 3 out of the 5 days of the week, deadlines always looming with paperwork that needs to get done, and since teachers can't do this stuff during the school day because we are TEACHING, and our planning time is taken up with meetings, this forces us to get it done after school. I am at least leaving around 5 or 6 every day, instead of 7 or 8, and have yet to check out a key to go up to school on the weekend. I make time to work out/ run most days out of the week which is also good, and when I am finished, I just get my work done all sweaty in my classroom.
Our group of students this year is very different from our kiddos last year. I love all of their little personalities and am really looking forward to getting to know them more at Pine Cove, however, as a whole, there is lack of respect for teacher directions. We feel like we are griping at them all day, because they just don't listen to us. This doesn't go for all of them of course, but when you ask the kids to stop talking multiple times, and a large percentage of them continue to whisper to their friends, it's a problem. Progress Reports come out next week, and it's going to be a big reality check.
On a positive note, one of my student's grandparents came to have lunch with her on Friday, they came up to me to say that last year she hated math and was miserable, but this year when she comes home from school she talks about how much she loves math and her math teacher! I loved hearing that of course!!! Definitely a pick me up after a long week!!!
Half-Marathon training is in full swing! My training program consists of running 3 days during the work week (and one day of cross training), and a long run on the weekend. Last weekend's long run was 4 miles, this weekend's will be 5 miles, next week will be 6 miles, etc. Increasing in mileage leading up to the 13.1 miles on Race day (Dec. 8th). I couldn't be doing this without my accountability partner!! On top of the half-marathon training, I have been going to Zumba consistently on Wednesdays and Fridays. I LOVE Zumba. I missed it last night for a friends birthday dinner, and I was really upset about it! With that said, I won't be canceling my gym membership...
My focus is more on training than on weight loss right now, but it really should go hand in hand. I have been eating out a lot lately and not picking the healthiest lunches to take to school, and I can feel it when I do run. Luckily the miles have been doable with the unhealthy diet, but I really need to change my ways for those longer runs.
Hopefully I won't wait whole month to update my blog next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment